Friday, April 14, 2006

What's so Good About This Friday??

Sometimes,
we just create weird names for days...
Yesterday was "Maundy Thursday" and today is "Good Friday." I just found out what the Maundy part means, and it makes sense. What's so good about this friday, though?
Yesterday, I was given a new command, "Love one another" today I watch my Messiah Crucified. My hopes are dashed because of the shear horror of today.
Thank God for Hindsight! I have something that the Apostles and the rest of the early disciples ignored, the Truth. I know what has happened (through faith), and I can thank God today for that knowledge.
I know that Jesus is dying today because of my sin, and without his Death and Atoning worth on the cross, I'd never have fellowship with my Lord.
Is today Good? No, but it really is.
:)

No comments: